South Shore Yacht Club is hiring. Join the well established Yacht Club that is known for its hospitality and history. We are looking to expand our team and its the smiling faces and energetic attitudes of our team that the members enjoy!
The South Shore Yacht Club is looking for experienced, motivated, punctual, flexible and dependable team members! We have openings for many positions due to the Summer Season rapidly approaching. Our teammates are flexible in their roles at the Club and we are looking for the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Deliver exceptional service consistently
- Anticipate members needs and recognize members and greet by name
- Be familiar with the menus, service standards, beverage service
- Cooperate within a team environment with a positive and hardworking manner
- Follow our established rules within the club and adhere to our policies
- Club experience is preferred but not mandatory
We offer a great view, amazing members and a team that is looking forward to an amazing Summer on the lake!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
South Shore Yacht Club looking for a skilled Cook to prepare meals for our restaurant and bar customers. We are open 7 days a week with both AM and PM shifts. The ideal candidate would have a good fundamental cooking background, be proficient in knife work, and the ability to work diligently without supervision.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking by cutting, chopping , mixing and preparing sauces
- Cook food by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to recipes and standards
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Maintain cleanliness and keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly and meet temperature requirements
- Completes prep work and side work to chef's specifications
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- In depth knowledge of restaurant practices and procedures
- Experience with various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Experience in using knives, cookware and bakeware
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Paid sick time
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Tender service/dock attendant
SSYC will from time to time recruit tender operators and dock attendants. These positions are seasonal, May to October and U.S. Coast Guard Limited Scope Licensing is required for tender operators. Dock attendants work with licensed tender operators to obtain the required days of sea service, prior to applying for a license. There are a number of requirements that need to be met in order to apply for a license. Interested candidates are encouraged to call for a list of the requirements.
Instructors needed June 1 - Aug. 15 Interested candidates should possess strong leadership and team building skills, be at least 18 years of age or older and have successfully competed U.S. Sailing Level I Instructor Course. An experienced sailor is preferred who has had some experience instructing young adults. Sailing instructors also need to be certified in advanced CPR and first aid. SSYC currently maintains a fleet of Optimist Trainers and Club 420's for instructional purposes.