81st Queen’s Cup® Race … Enter Now
Plan now to enter the 81st challenge of one of the most storied yacht races on the Great Lakes. This year’s night race across Lake Michigan departs from Milwaukee, WI for St. Joseph, MI on June 28, 2019.
Both Milwaukee’s South Shore Yacht Club and St. Joseph River Yacht Club will provide an experience worthy of this 81st Queen’s Cup Race.
START: festivities, friendly accommodations and the traditional over-the top pre-party at SSYC’s Harbor of Hospitality on Thursday June 27th, plus Milwaukee’s world-famous SUMMERFEST music festival.
FINISH: the day begins with brunch, transitions into lunch, followed by the awards ceremony, an evening dinner buffet, and finally a great party until midnight.
The race is open to all boats with a valid 2019 Lake Michigan Performance Handicap Racing Fleet (LM-PHRF) rating certificate. We will continue to have starts for the shorthanded fleet (with a limit of two crew per boat) and a cruising fleet for non-spinnaker monohulls.
We are looking forward to increasing the participation of one design boats such as the J/105, Beneteau 40.7, Beneteau 36.7, and Tartan 10s. The racing between these boats and other one design boats has been close in prior years.
The fee structure is based on boat length. This helps to make the fee schedule more affordable for smaller boats.
Registration will be open and the Queen’s Cup page on the SSYC website will be updated with the Notice of Race (NOR) and other documents by mid-February.
The Course in 2019:
2019 SSYC Queen’s Cup Race … June 28-29
- Milwaukee, WI to St Joseph, MI and St. Joseph River Yacht Club.
- Registration Thursday, June 27 at SSYC: 11 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
- Queen’s Cup Party: Thursday June 27, 6 p.m. - ?? Enjoy the party and Milwaukee attractions … including Summerfest
- Friday, June 28 Registration: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Starts staggered from mid-afternoon through early evening.
- Saturday, June 29 the fleet arrives in St Joe’s for post-race festivities hosted by St Joseph Yacht Club.