Friday, July 1 • Milwaukee, WI to St. Joseph, MI
Ready, Set . . .
With this year's event soon to set sail, good luck to all participants. Go fast, have a great time and above all be safe. Here are some timely reminders.
• Thursday, June 30: 1000-1730 hrs
• Friday, July 1: 0900-1300 hrs
Schedule of Events
Breakfast 7:30 a.m.-noon
Outside Grill 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tent Party Buffet 6 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Pig & Roasted Chicken
$20 Per Person (Includes Two Drinks)
Tickets Go On Sale Wednesday 6/29/16
Commodore's Cove Dining
Prime Rib Buffet 5:30 -7:30 p.m.
$29.25 Per Person Inclusive
Music & Dancing Featuring “Generation Z” 7:30–11:30 p.m.
Mount Gay Rum Tasting 5–6:30 p.m.
Wisconsin Brewing Beer Tasting 1–4 p.m.
Wine Tasting Time To Be Announced
Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – noon
Outside Grill 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Commodore's Cove Regular Menu Dining 5 – 8 p.m.
SSYC MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE
No house charging Thursday or Friday
Other QC News
• Bill Gladstone of North U plans a weather briefing under the tent at 11 a.m. Friday. It will include a discussion of Chris Bedford's forecast and some routing/modeling for small, medium and large boats based upon the prevailing GRIB forecast. Right now, see the latest forecast data at the North Sails Weather Center!
• The coveted Mount Gay hats have arrived, but to get one you must check in.
• Soundings for our anchorage can be found here. (Please note that current water levels are two feet higher.)
• Our pre-start check-in boat this tear is the Carver 36 Amazing Grace.
• Our start boat is the Catalina 41 Seaquest. Click images to expand.
This year we are starting an online crew search service for skippers to connect with crew. Users get a private login.
Earlier Start Times This Year
To capitalize on better breeze and to add daylight sailing time, we will be moving up start times by several hours. The cruising fleet will start at 2 p.m., with sequences for the racing fleets beginning an hour later. Details will be found in the NOR.
Bring Your Eye
Do you have a good eye for a picture? The Queen's Cup Photo Contest is now a permanent part of the event. Your work will be featured and credited in promoting future races. It also will be featured in our photo contest gallery. Prizes for first, second and third place.
This year's southerly finish destination has made a splash in the Windy City. A friendly homebound race for charity will take place Sunday morning, June 3. The Chicago Regatta is a unified event organized by the Pinnacle Foundation and sponsored by all LMSRF Area III Yacht Clubs including Burnham Park, Corinthian, Chicago, Columbia, Jackson Park, Michigan City, St. Joseph River and Waukegan.
Chicago skippers: Your entire $50 race entry fee will be donated to the University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. Let's take it home together and support this worthy cause.
• Open to all boats with valid LMPHRF handicap certificates.
• Open to all one-design classes if enough entries are received.
• The multihull fleet will race if at least five entries are received.
• The short-handed fleet is for monohulls with a crew limit of two
• The cruising fleet is for non-spinnaker monohulls.
• Scoring within sections will be based on LMPHRF time-on-distance distance handicaps (DHCP).
• Ties will be broken using time-on-time handicap factors.
• Milwaukee to St. Joseph
• Heading: approx. 131°
• Distance: approx. 79 NM
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
(Click image to expand)
Our Event Partner
Located in the Historic Light House Depot, the St. Joseph River Yacht Club was established in 1913 to foster a casual environment for boating on the St. Joseph River and Lake Michigan. The 122-year-old clubhouse on the inner harbor of the St. Joseph River was acquired in 2003 and has been the home of the club ever since. Amenities include multi-floor dining, riverside bar bar and grill, heated Olympic-size swimming pool, children’s play area and bath house. Temporary docking is available but no marina service.
Enjoy the party, local bars, restaurants and attractions - all within walking distance. For more info, view flyer.
Subscribe to Queen's Cup E-mails